“Hey DJ Carl, What tips would you give brides that are looking for a top notch wedding DJ?”
Planning a wedding is a lot of work and one of the most daunting tasks is securing a reputable and entertaining music source. Due to the vast number of disc jockey’s serving Orlando, it can be difficult to narrow down the selection and choose the one who will provide a unique experience for your special event.
In any professional field, there are those who excel and those who act unethically; disappointing the client and ruining the event. Awareness and knowledge are the key to finding the right professional in the wedding entertainment field. It is important to do research on every DJ that you are considering. After gathering all of the necessary materials needed to make an educated purchasing decision, there are a couple of important questions you should consider asking your prospective disc jockey.
1. Meet the prospective DJ in person. A simple meeting will help in determining whether the DJ has the personality and most importantly entertaining style to manage your reception in a professional manner.
2. Ask the DJ/MC to vocalize how they would announce your wedding party introductions. Give them a couple names and have them prove to you that they can generate excitement and introduce your friends and family in an appropriate way.
3. Discuss the DJ’s typical interaction with the guests. Ask them to explain how they involve your family and friends in the celebration. Ask about specific instances where they have encountered “unresponsive” wedding parties and how they revved up the energy of the party.
4. Ask the DJ how they typically work requests, dedications or special announcements into their program. Are they flexible during the reception? Think of different scenarios and have them explain their ideas and styles in working to keep the party moving smooth and effortlessly.
5. Ask about the music transitions. The DJ is vital to the flow of your reception music. A great DJ not only plays a variety of music, but the DJ should also play the right music at the right time. A great DJ can mix the music seamlessly and never allows any dead air unless someone is giving a toast or blessing.
Keep these 5 points in mind when meeting with all prospective DJs and you should feel confident in your final selection. The most important factor is that you feel comfortable and at ease while working with your DJ. Remember, it is your celebration. A professional and responsible disc jockey always respects and appreciates that and will go out of their way to help throw that perfect celebration!
photo of DJ Carl by Garrett Nudd photography
DJ Carl Williams is a highly sought after professional disc jockey and music trend specialist. He has been involved in the music industry for over fifteen years as a leading professional DJ and top Nightclub Entertainment Consultant. His extensive music industry knowledge and entertainment experience are extensive and well known in the industry. Learn more about Carl at http://www.djcarl.com/.
Tags: DJ Carl